Initiatives for Progress, Growth and Investment
In 2017 the Developing Northern Australia Conference will be held at the Pullman Cairns International Hotel on 19 and 20 June.
Following the highly successful conferences in Townsville in 2015 and Darwin in 2016 and the implementation of the government White Paper, the focus of the 2017 conference will be on initiatives to drive progress, growth and investment in the development of northern Australia.
Topics to be presented and discussed include land and water; food and agribusiness; forestry; resources and energy; tourism and hospitality; international education; healthcare and medical research; infrastructure; workforce opportunities; indigenous-led northern development; and developing strategic links as the Gateway to Asia.
With a Program including feature speakers discussing the key issues, session presentations from industry leaders on specialist topic areas, thought provoking forums, sector exhibitions and networking events, this is a must attend conference.
Hosted by the Association for Sustainability in Business, the Conference Advisory Committee would like to thank the 2016 Keynote Speakers:
- Russell Barnett, Australian Venture Consultants
- The Hon John Brumby, National President, Australia China Business Council
- Tony Eyres, Senior Investment Specialist, Austrade
- Clare Martin, Chair Territory Natural Resource Management
- Professor Ruth Wallace, Director Northern Institute Charles Darwin University
- Sharon Warburton, Chairman, Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility
- Chris Wilson, President, ConocoPhillips Australia Business Unit West
- Peter Yu, Chief Executive Officer, Nyamba Buru Yawuru Ltd
Also, the 2016 Forum Leaders:
- Luke Bowen – General Manager, Northern Australia Development Office, NT Government
- Mark Coffey – Head, Office of Northern Australia
- Dr Scott Davis – Senior Director, Greater Northern Australia Regional Training Network
- Terry Hill – CEO, Pilbara Development Commission
- Andrew Jones – President, Australian Industry and Defence Network
- Steve Lewis – CEO, North Queensland Bulk Port Corporation Limited
- Professor Simon Maddocks – Vice Chancellor and President, Charles Darwin University
- Philip Pearce – Professor of Tourism, James Cook University
- Peter Stone – Research Program Director, CSIRO
- Councillor John Wharton – Mayor, Richmond Shire Council
- Professor Ian Wronksi – Deputy Vice Chancellor, Division of Tropical Health and Medicine, James Cook University
Who Should Attend?
With such wide ranging consequences for Australia, the Conference will appeal to all who are forward thinking and support a resilient Australia. In particular:
- Federal Government inter-agency representatives
- State Government representatives from QLD, WA and NT
- Local Government representatives including CEO, General Managers, Mayors and Elected Officials
- Economic and Community Development Managers and Groups
- Sustainability and Environment Groups
- Organisations representing indigenous affairs
- Town Planners, Architects, Builders, Project Managers and Engineers
- Chamber of Commerce, RDA and Economic Development Groups
- Banking, Finance and others interested in Economic Development
- Academics and Researchers, Education Bodies with representation in Northern Australia
- Local Business Owners and Managers
- Resource Sector, Tourism Operators and Agricultural bodies
- Northern Australia Special Interest Groups