In 2017 the Developing Northern Australia Conference will be held at the Pullman Cairns International Hotel over 19-20 June.
Joining us are confirmed keynote speakers:
- Mr Bernard Salt, Writer, Speaker, Business Advisor and Media Commentator
- Mr Mark Coffey, Head, Office of Northern Australia
- Ms Tracey Hayes, CEO, Northern Territory Cattlemans Association
- Ms Sharon Warburton, Chair, Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility
- Ms Hurriyet Babacan, CEO, Tablelands Regional Council
- Mr Peter Yu, CEO, Nyamba Buru Yawuru
- Mr Philip Davies, CEO, Infrastructure Australia
Dr Andrew Higgins, Principal Research Scientist at CSIRO Land & Water joins us to discuss ‘Informing Northern Australia’s Freight and Supply Chain Strategy using TraNSIT’.
TraNSIT has been applied to all Australian agriculture through an initiative for “Building the infrastructure of the 21st Century” under the Agricultural Competitiveness White Paper. It provides the best capability yet to optimise freight and supply chains strategies for existing agriculture and new production.
We will provide an overview these latest developments in TraNSIT, along with current research to extend TraNSIT to incorporate weather and flood hazard information that will inform investments that reduce the economic impact from rain events. We will also give an overview of how TraNSIT is address inefficiencies in beef and horticulture supply chains in South East Asia, many of which originate in Northern Australia.
Register today to take advantage of early bird discounts currently on offer!
For more information on the 2017 Developing Northern Australia Conference and to secure your spot, please visit www.northaust.org.au